The IISD-ELA Tour for August 17th is SOLD OUT. It may be possible to arrange another date, we are just waiting for confirmation. If you would like to be on the waiting list please contact Linda by phone - 807-468-8715 or email - email@example.com.
Your day tour of the IISD-ELA facility includes:
- A welcome presentation that gives an overview of the history of IISD-ELA and ELA science.
- A tour of our facilities and closest research lakes including: discussions of standard water flow, quality and fish sampling; tours of the chemistry and fish labs; a tour of the Environment Canada metrological station; a hands-on netting activity to collect small fish or zooplankton.
- Lunch at the beach in our camp recreational area. Please pack your own lunch. We ask that you help us to reduce waste by packing your lunch as waste-free as possible.
- A visit to the ongoing whole-ecosystem experiment in which scientists have reduced water flowing into a lake to mimic drier conditions expected in the Canadian Boreal Shield due to climate change
- Tour is on – rain or shine! Appropriate footwear and clothing recommended
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
We will meet in Kenora at 8 a.m., return by approximately 5 p.m.Transportation to Experimental Lakes Area provided; details provided with registration confirmation.
Cost - $25 for LOWDPOA members; $30 for non-member
Call Linda @ 807-468-8715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register