Your day tour of the IISD-ELA facility includes:
- A welcome presentation that gives an overview of the history of IISD-ELA and ELA science.
- A tour of our facilities and closest research lakes including: discussions of standard water flow, quality and fish sampling; tours of the chemistry and fish labs; a tour of the Environment Canada metrological station; a hands-on netting activity to collect small fish or zooplankton.
- Lunch at the beach in our camp recreational area. Please pack your own lunch. We ask that you help us to reduce waste by packing your lunch as waste-free as possible.
- A visit to the ongoing whole-ecosystem experiment in which scientists have reduced water flowing into a lake to mimic drier conditions expected in the Canadian Boreal Shield due to climate change
- Tour is on – rain or shine! Appropriate footwear and clothing recommended
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
We will meet in Kenora at 8 a.m., return by approximately 5 p.m.Transportation to Experimental Lakes Area provided; details provided with registration confirmation.
Cost - $30 for LOWDPOA members; $35 for non-member
Call Linda @ 807-468-8715 or email email@example.com to register